InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Latent Print Examiner to work on our client site in Quantico, VA. Candidates must hold an ACTIVE TOP SECRET security clearance. The Latent Print Examiner will be responsible for the following:
- The LPE performs comparisons of friction ridge detail of latent prints, perform administrative and technical reviews, and report results in official and unofficial capacities. May be responsible for the following services:
- a) Interact with other forensic staff to ensure a high quality product of latent print analysis and examination.
- b) Analyze images of latent prints to determine value for comparison.
- c) Encode, launch, and conduct automated latent print searches using the NGI system, or appropriate automated searching platform. Screen the results of the searches and conduct any necessary comparisons
- d) Conduct comparisons of latent prints with known fingerprints, palm prints, complete friction ridge exemplars and other latent prints to determine source attribution.
- e) Author, review, and provide quality control of case notes, photographs, chain of custody, electronic communications, and communication logs. Prepare all required documentation for the case file relative to position, to include appropriate reporting mechanisms.
- f) Perform verifications, blind verifications, and appropriate comparison checks, as directed and appropriate.
- g) Use current database(s) and software program(s) for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow; and, documentation for the case file relative to the position.
- h) Complete and pass the LD latent print discipline training requirements and appropriate latent print competency test within the time period as set forth by the BAU, as appropriate.
- i) Complete and pass a yearly proficiency test in the area of latent print comparisons from an independent external vendor, if available, or one created internally if no such external test is available.
- j) Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
- k) May perform some of the duties of a LPT, as requested and appropriate
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Prefer B.S. degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the Physical Sciences.
- At least five (5) years of recent experience as a LPE, in addition to previous or current qualification as a LPE in the FBI.
- Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities; exceptional ability to analyze complex or challenging latent prints; verbal and written communication skills.
- Qualification in the latent print discipline by the FBI.
- Must hold an active TOP SECRET security clearance.