|InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to work on our client site in Manassas, VA. All candidates must have an ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE. Work is performed on a variety of Undersea Systems programs. The Systems Administrator will operate in a dynamic environment and interact with all levels of organization hierarchies.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Use monitoring tools, trouble-ticketing systems to coordinate scheduled and un-scheduled outages
- Perform duties in accordance with customer policies and principles
- Communicate with existing monitoring teams to enhance end to end monitoring capability of health and status and dataflow
- Document specific alerts for each system during instrumentation to develop accurate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Understand and improve critical dataflow paths
- Gain granulated understanding of multiple critical system dataflow and identify points for improvement
- Aid in developing metrics that report on system status
- Generate Functional Dataflow Document (FDDs) to capture hardware, software and datapath dependencies for each critical system
- Ensure data compliance among critical infrastructure
- Suggest avenues for better efficiency by design, requirement, script, etc.
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
- Proficient with a UNIX and windows operating systems (RHEL, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Solaris)
- Linux and RedHat experience.
- Scripting experience
- DoD 8140 (D0DD 8570) Baseline Certification Level 1 IAM with Security + or GSLC or CAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a team-oriented setting or independently as required to achieve goals and objectives in a fast paced schedule driven environment.
- RedHat Certified System Administrator
- Experience with LDAP
- Experience with PKI
- Experience with Virtual Machines and Containerization
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator
- Experience with Cisco Network Devices
- Experience working on Dell PowerEdge series Servers
- Experience securing systems to meet STIG requirements
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.