InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence is currently seeking a Data Scientist to work on our client site in Charlottesville, VA. ALL CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TS/SCI CLEARANCE. The Data Scientist will be involved in the analysis of unstructured and semi-structured data, including latent semantic indexing (LSI), entity identification and tagging, complex event processing (CEP), and the application of analysis algorithms on distributed, clustered, and cloud-based high-performance infrastructures.
- The Contractor shall have experience in processing, tagging, and indexing unstructured, semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data sets.
- The Contractor shall have experience developing research designs, including formulating testable questions, identifying and defining key concepts and variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems.
- The Contractor shall have experience in data project management, including cleaning and preparing data, and creating, structuring, and maintaining data sets.
- The Contractor shall have in-depth understanding of data analysis, including manipulating datasets and interpreting findings using a mix of programs/environments, such as R, Python, Matlab, and techniques, such as text and pattern analysis, classification, change/anomaly detection, time-series, regression, geospatial, and/or social network analysis.
- The Contractor shall have experience in using text/web analytics for establishing and expanding keyword searches and using bibliometric analysis tools to perform horizon scans and deep dives into NGIC identified S&T research fields.
- The Contractor shall have extensive experience in creating mathematical models and coding in R
- AN ACTIVE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
- Career level with a complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
- Working under only general direction, provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Master's and 3 to 5 yrs of experience.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Experience with software development,
- either an open-source enterprise software development stack (Java/Linux/Ruby/Python)
- or a Windows development stack (.NET, C#, C++).
- Experience with data transport and transformation APIs and technologies such as JSON, XML, XSLT, JDBC, SOAP and REST.
- Experience with Cloud-based data analysis tools including Hadoop and Mahout, Acumulo, Hive, Impala, Pig, and similar.
- Experience with visual analytic tools like Microsoft Pivot, Palantir, or Visual Analytics.
- Experience with open source textual processing such as Lucene, Sphinx, Nutch or Solr.
- Experience with entity extraction and conceptual search technologies such as LSI, LDA, etc. Experience with machine learning, algorithm analysis, and data clustering.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.