InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Sr. Linux Systems Administrator to work on our client site in Bolling AFB, DC. All candidates must possess a TOP SECRET clearance. Responsibilities include:
- Installation and maintenance of Linux based workstations for use by the supported user base, installation of hardware and software components, as well as the creation of documentation and Standard Operating Procedures. All systems shall be configured to meet IAVA/B and STIG compliance requirements.
- Direct support to the user base of the systems and services provided. This support includes assistance via telephone and email, as well as the creation of documentation and help guides. Assistance may also be required via in-person visits to workspaces located at the Washington, DC NRL campus.
- Support in researching and testing new hardware and software products to ascertain compatibility with current and future information systems environments. Upon completion of testing and evaluation, the contractor shall provide a written analysis and recommendation based on results.
- Participation in the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process for all supported systems. This support includes, but is not limited to, 1) the creation of STIG checklists, 2) tracking and resolution of vulnerabilities present on all systems, 3) documentation of systems, services, port and protocols in use, software, hardware and network diagrams, 4) standard operating procedures and user guides, 5) creation and maintenance of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator in an enterprise environment.
- ALL CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS AN ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
- High School diploma or GED and 12 years of experience with Information Technology; Associates degree and 10 years of experience with Information Technology; Bachelor of Art or Bachelor of Science degree and 8 years of experience with Information Technology; Master's degree and 6 years of experience with Information Technology; or PhD degree and 4 years of experience with Information Technology
- Configuration and management of Red Hat Enterprise & Ubuntu Servers
- Possible temporary establishment of an AD domain or other method to facilitate CAC login and system management reporting.
- Experience installing software as needed to permit common office tasks on new or re-purposed computers to include anti-virus, office software, printer and/or scanner driver, etc.
- Experience configuring desktop and laptop computer systems to safely and appropriately operate on NRL NiceNet (IP address, DNS, etc.)
- Experience updating desktop and laptop computers’ Operating Systems (OS) and software.
- Experience maintaining and operating the ITD computer desktop environment hardware and software.
- Experience maintaining compliance with Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) and with Information Assurance Vulnerability Bulletin (IVAB) as part of the NRL Assurance and Vulnerability Management.
- Must have experience in the installation and management of both physical and virtual servers providing a variety of Information Technology services. These systems include, but are not limited to, VMware servers and infrastructure, DNS servers, web servers running Red Hat, SE Linux. All systems and services shall be configured to meet Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert Bulletin (IAVA/B) compliance requirements as well as applicable DoD Standard Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.