InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Database Administrator in Washington, CA area for a Task Order providing IT Services and Software Engineering for a OGA contract. AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY IS REQUIRED. The Database Administrator shall be responsible for:
Assigns passwords and maintains database access
• Audit database access and requests
• Ensure that proposed object definitions are clear, concise, technically correct, and that they represent singular concepts.
• Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
• Evaluate proposed objects and their attributes.
• Install and configure database environments and associated storage systems.
• Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
• Oversee the daily performance of database systems
• Perform backups/restores, and archive data.
• Perform optimization and tuning of data loads and extractions
• Perform server and storage capacity management and planning for the most complex and critical systems.
• Provide technical support in the evaluation of prime object names, data elements, and other objects.
• Recommend appropriate procedure, query or package changes and optimizations to ensure and improve system performance and reliability.
• Study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures.
• Utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files; manages system data to maintain performance efficiencies.
• A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to five (5) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
• At least five (5) years experience interpreting data models and developing database structures; using standard diagramming techniques to design and develop computer data models; and implementing and troubleshooting programming changes and modifications.
• At least five (5) years experience configuring, managing and maintaining the operation of complex relational databases; familiarity with UNIX/LINUX and Windows operating systems.
• Five (5) years or more of demonstrated knowledge with backup or archival software -Systems and data disaster recovery software;
• Five (5) years or more of demonstrated product knowledge and experiences with database management software for relational, noSQL and/or file based storage; Microsoft SQL Server; Database models
• Demonstrated experience with Object or component oriented development software - Microsoft Visual C# .NET; Java; Ability to write and execute scripts to manage a DB (Python, Perl, etc.)
• At least five (5) years experience with database performance monitoring and performance optimization techniques
• Demonstrated ability to allocate database storage and perform capacity planning
• Demonstrated ability to appropriately manage and monitor access controls to databases
• At least five (5) years experience with data archiving and managing of archived data
• At least five (5) years experience with database mirroring and replication techniques
Current/Active TS/SCI clearance with FS POLY is required.