Legacy Applications Software Developer
InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Legacy Applications Software Developer in Washington, CA area for a Task Order providing IT Services and Software Engineering for a OGA contract. AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH FULL SCOPE POLY IS REQUIRED. The Legacy Applications Software Developer shall be responsible for:
• Design, build and deploy highly scalable, resilient, performant services
Develop code using various programming and scripting languages
• Adhere to approved design plans and coding standards
• Work in an integrated team to continually improve DevOps posture
• Maintain responsibility for software components ensuring proper standards, testing, and best practices are followed
• Work with current application teams to understand current analytics and make migration
recommendations of legacy analytical software to analytic microservices in the cloud environment
• Serve as an expert resource within the development team's efforts to determine the needs of the business that will simplify and automate the application services as well as make them more efficient
• Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members
• Follow appropriate implementation and change management procedures
• Ensure appropriate level of documentation is prepared and baselined
• Review test plans, test files, and scripts for unit testing through integration testing
• Collaborate with user interface designer(s) to ensure developed software integrates seamlessly
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new ones.
• Focus on innovating new and better ways to create software solutions that add value
• A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to five (5) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
• Demonstrated hands-on experience with distributed cross-platform applications, orchestration and security
• Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience of software quality process/assurance including automation testing, unit/integration testing, design/code review, code profiling and software continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
• Minimum of 5 years of experience using RESTful APls.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with Objectivity, including database design, development, and operations and maintenance of petabyte scale databases
• Demonstrated advanced Product knowledge and demonstrated experience with Java and one or more scripting languages (e.g. Servlets, Hibernate, Spring, UI Frameworks, Web Services/REST, J2EE)
• Advanced product knowledge and demonstrated experience with relational, noSQL and/or file based storage (e.g. MongoDB, MS SOL Server, Oracle, Postgres, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in continuous integration and delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with data volume analysis methodology
• Demonstrated experience in deep technical understanding of Cloud architecture.
• Demonstrated experience in client-side technologies (Java Swing, EXT JS, JSP/HTML)
• Demonstrated experience in Windows 2012 and Solaris Operating Systems
• Demonstrated experience in Web server technologies (Tomcat, Web Logic, llS, HttpCore)
• Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps, Release engineering and Operations approach to automate deployments.
• Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic working environment
• Demonstrated experience working in an Agile scrum team work environment
Current/Active TS/SCI clearance with FS POLY is required.