InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Field Support Engineer to support a Biometrics program with the US Army in Afghanistan. The FSE will be supporting a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices and associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. In this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of technology to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. The team has been providing world class development and field support to the program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the program wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission.
The successful candidate will provide critical system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army on the system, handheld collection platforms. Client and Server platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision. Must hold an active TOP SECRET clearance and be SCI eligible.
- Assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down
- Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
- Security checks of daily logs
- Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
- Transaction reconciliation
- LAN administration and coordination with WANs
- Network security functions IAW the SSAA
- Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
- Manage server and database applications and user accounts
- Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
- General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
- Customer interaction in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager.
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of systems administration or relevant IT experience. Bachelor's degree requirement may be substituted with an additional 6 years of experience of relevant IT experience with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
- Previous experience with Joint Personnel Identification (JPI), Information System for Access (BISA) programs in support of GWOT.
- Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), A+ Essentials, Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the IAT level II profile.
- Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
- Ability to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Currently possess a DoD Top Secret security clearance SCI eligible.
Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq or similar surroundings InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.