InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a System Administrator with Database Administration experience to work on our client site in Charlottesville, VA. All candidates must have a TS/SCI security clearance. The System Administrator/DBA will be responsible for:
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down
- Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs •Security checks of daily logs
- Daily operation of servers
- Transaction reconciliation
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
- Administer database organizations, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
- Provide technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
- Assist applications development staff and users on database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Implement and maintain databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, and integration of systems through database design and implementation.
- Document JCL, shell scripts and batch processes.
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Manage and test backup and recovery plans.
- Monitor the replication schema.
- Develop and implement database monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot, track, and monitor data flow.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security and serving as the resident database expert for TBS users.
- Interact with customer in response to reported problems and defining requirements.
- Collaborate and coordinate with outside organizations periodically as necessary.
- Perform other IT project work as assigned on a “best effort” basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of experience managing systems, including servers.
- Microsoft SQL server administration experience with familiarity of MS SQL syntax.
- Ability to install and maintain MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- Experience with Windows Server 2012R2.
- Experience with and knowledge of advanced data mining techniques.
- Ability to create data maps and load data and databases onto servers.
- Experience with scripting for the purposes of data manipulation and automating redundant tasks. •Proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
- Currently possess an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Previous experience with biometric applications in support of GWOT.
- Knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS)
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
- Aptitude for learning new scripting languages and database syntax and the ability to implement those new skills.