InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Sr Principal Database Analyst to support our customer in Fort Meade, MD. An ACTIVE TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE is required. The Sr Principal Database Analyst will be responsible for the following:
- Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
- Provides technical expertise for database design, development, implementation, information storage and retrieval, data flow and analysis
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
- Develops relational and/or Object-Oriented databases, database parser software, and database loading software
- Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design
- Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
- Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
- The DBE works primarily at the front end of the lifecycle-requirements through system acceptance testing and Initial Operational Capability (IOC)
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Coordinates testing of designed applications.
- Assist with recommendations for, and analysis and evaluation of systems improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts
- Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
- Translates a set of requirements and data into a usable document by creating or recreating ad hoc queries, scripts, and macros; updates existing queries, creates new ones to manipulate data into a master file; and builds complex systems using queries, tables, Open Database Connectivity and database storage and retrieval using Cloud methodologies
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as technical team or task leader.
- Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Develops requirements from a project’s inception to its conclusion for a particular business and IT subject matter area (i.e., simple to complex systems). Participates in special projects as required.
- TS/SCI CLEARANCE REQUIRED.
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 4 years of experience
- 4-10 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE, equivalent or higher
- Initial Computing Environment certification: MS SQL Administrator certification or an Oracle database SQL
- The following Certifications are required by the customer for full qualification to maintain this position:
- Server 2012/2014 or SQL 2016 Database Administration
- Database Fundamentals [MS SQL Server]
- Data Management and Analytics [MS SQL Server]
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in database development, coding, and design, including business analysis, event modeling, logical physical database design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management.
- Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Professional certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.