InCadence Strategic Solutions is a top technology company that provides cutting edge solutions, deep functional domain subject matter expertise, operational intelligence and high-end engineering services to our government clients.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Field Installation Technician/Fiber Technician in Bagram, Afghanistan for a Task Order providing a Communications Engineering and Installation (EI) capability to forward deployed United States Forces Afghanistan (USFOR-A) forces. AN ACTIVE SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED. The Fiber Technician shall be responsible for:
- trenching, installing, splicing, maintaining and troubleshooting fiber optic networks.
- Splicing fiber optic cables: loose tube, ribbon, fiber drops & indoor / outdoor plenum fiber.
- Ability to perform ring cuts on live fiber without effecting existing services.
- Repair & Maintenance of fiber optic networks.
- Testing & Troubleshooting fiber optic cable.
- Installation of aerial & buried fiber drops.
- Basic understanding of installation practices.
- Mount demarcation devices at the locations.
InCadence Strategic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- At least 2 years of experience with Fiber Installation (Installing of Inside/Outside Cable and Fiber Infrastructure)
- Possess industry recognized fiber-optic certification to include:
- Fiber Optic Association (FOA) Certified Premises Cabling Technician (CPCT) certification (preferred), FOA Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT), Electronic Technicians Association (ETA) Fiber Optics Designer (FOD), ETA Fiber Optics Installer (FOI), ETA Fiber Optics Technician (FOT), or Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) Installer2, Fiber-Optic.
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow routine work orders, engineering work prints and schematics.
- Maintain accurate plant records.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience on the following equipment: core alignment fusion splicers, ribbon splicers, OTDR’s, testing fiber characterization, buried sheath fault locators, power meters, toners, ORL testers, traffic identifiers, fiber viewers & scopes, cleavers, strippers, buffer tube splitters and fiber ring tools.
- Understanding fundamental grounding techniques and when to use them.
- Willing and able to deploy OCONUS
- Current/Active Secret Clearance