Principal Systems Engineer
InCadence Strategic Solutions is currently seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to support the US Army Intelligence Security Command at Fort Meade, MD. ALL CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS A TS/SCI CLEARANCE.
The Engineer will perform the Administrative, operation, and maintenance of server hardware and software support; Maintains system security by applying IAVAs and STIGs as required;Monitors usage statistics and logs, monitors and remedies corrupt server files. Maintains baseline server and SANs configurations; Performs configuration modifications; Provides guidance to less experienced system administrators.
Knowledge; Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of MCSA Windows Server 2012 Experience with backup and restoration technologies and implementation methods. Experience with management of Storage Area Networking environments; Ability to work in a mission critical environment.
Duties and responsibilities include:
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.Minumum Requirements:
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.